Tips on using WordPress for affiliate marketing
WordPress – an excellent platform for creating websites that everyone has heard of. With it came incredible first-rate opportunities for people from any walk of life to successfully create websites and blogs to encompass any imaginable field, taste, or idea.
Taking WordPress to the next level
After careful deliberation on which type of invincible website to plan with WordPress, you have done it – you now have your own WordPress site. If you thought this was a fun process so far, you are in for some excellent surprises. You now have the amazing opportunity to use WordPress for marketing as well.
What affiliate marketing is and why to do it
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising in which the marketing efforts are divided between the creator of a product and third parties. The affiliates are commissioned to promote the product put forth by the creator.
Take your WordPress website to the next level and stop wondering how to start with affiliate marketing on WordPress. Read on and let’s explore some basic principles on how to use this kind of marketing to catapult your website even further in the achievement department.
Main things to consider for a great affiliate program
The greatest advantage of affiliate marketing on WordPress is the fact that it’s much simpler, compared to other marketing strategies, it’s lucrative and it earns you some valuable experience along the way.
Even without much technical knowledge, you can learn how to use and manage this user-friendly platform in a heartbeat. The key feature being that anyone can design, personalize and enhance their WordPress website according to personal preference and the messages they are trying to get across.
Always start off with a quality product or service. You have to create the best possible commodity in order to become completely confident in its success. This way, asking affiliates to promote it will be easy, as well as successful.
You have to know who it is you are advertising for. You can do this by undergoing the necessary research. For example, create an online poll to find out all essential information about your target clients and their preferences and needs.
Another crucial top thing to consider is the reason why you are joining the affiliate program in the first place. Think about factors like the size of your business and what your target is. Then, you can create a plan accordingly.
Always keep the future in mind. Think up ways to have a long life in your niche of choice. This is one of the top intentions you should start any business endeavor with.
Choose the right platform for your needs. This might seem like a no-brainer, but making the right choice now, will save your plan for monetization in the long run. Keep the following factors in mind, so as to make the most suitable, best-informed selection:
- While you could technically create an affiliate site on a free platform, and WordPress.com is highly accessible and easy to use, you should always make sure you’ve read everything there is to know about the terms put forth by the publishing platform you are using. This is due to the fact that various platforms will penalize your website if you use affiliate links, so it’s better to be safe than sorry so as to not waste your valuable time and resources.
- Keep in mind that all achievements come with a connected downside. You will have to put a little more thought into managing the program, the more successful it becomes. This means you have to pay extra attention, in order to prevent fraud, manage resources and other potential issues that may come up unexpectedly. This being said, there are risks and downsides to any endeavor, so you should definitely not let this stop you from attempting affiliate marketing. It could be the best decision you’ve ever made.
Examples to help you make things easier
Among the top marketing tools and plugins for your WordPress site, there are some specifically designed to help you add affiliate marketing to WordPress.
Using the WhoisWP WordPress plugin detector can be a great tool to assist in the search to find the right WordPress plugins for affiliate marketing. Here’s a quick list of the ones we have found and deemed most user-friendly and convenient.
- The WordPress Affiliates Manager plugin entails just what its title suggests. It’s a handy dandy tool to help you successfully manage your affiliates and thus drive more traffic to your website. It also integrates with WooCommerce and 9 other popular e-commerce solutions.
- AffiliateWP is another great potential choice for your affiliate marketing needs. With it, you can export affiliate data and referral data to a CSV file for forecasting, bookkeeping, and accounting purposes. It offers outstanding customer support, as well as a multitude of hooks and templates to add custom features and functionality.
- Thirsty Affiliates is a top rated WordPress plugin that offers users link cloaking and link management. In other words, link redirection at its finest. The best thing about this plugin is the fact that it allows easy access and utilization straight from the admin area of your WordPress website.
- Optin Monster has always been an excellent plugin to use. You can use it for a huge array of tasks to enhance the efficiency of your workload. The drag and drop builder is optimized for higher conversion rates and the popups you can create are great for advertising your affiliate products.
Hopefully, you now have a somewhat clearer image on what affiliate marketing entails, some handy tools to use, and ideas on how to use WordPress for affiliate marketing. Get ready to begin your intriguing new journey. Good luck and lots of traffic!